Sunday, February 25, 2007

To express God’s blessings (the miracles) in my life would take another lifetime. Born with a life threatening condition (aside from my sinful nature), the Lord provided parents to love me more than earthly treasure. Parents who gave up a chance to have some stuff to keep their son. My heavenly Father provided a physician who would take less pay to exercise his skills in order to save a life and a family. He softened the heart of a kindly banker to help with no collateral loans to get what was needed to preserve the life of a complete stranger. Through infancy, early childhood, adolescence, young adult years, army days and every day since, the Lord has watched over me never asking more than that I also learn to love. He seems determined to save me.

The Lord graciously provides His protection while affording me self determination and some small amount of wisdom to navigate every level of life (including schooling, sports, conflict and war, developing in a loving marriage, etc) and enjoy the life He has given and preserved. I have never had to decide if my cup was half empty or half full because the Lord sees to it that my cup overflows. I am abundantly blessed!

The Lord leads me to situations, places and people where I am allowed to see the face of Jesus in those around me (because of their sacrifices, charity and Christian acts of love and caring). Admittedly, there are times when my faith waxes and wanes, especially when my view is concentrated on the corruption of the world around me. I am sure this is why the Lord has led me here, to Immanuel, where I am once again reassured and strengthened.

I am blessed as a child of God and heir not because of who I am or what I do (because then I would be condemned before His throne) but because my heavenly Father has loved me beyond all human reason. And, in addition, knowing that I cannot help but fail, my God provided me with a pure and holy advocate.

I apologize if this seems disconnected, but I have had to leave so much out to keep this from becoming a book.

The Lord’s blessings on you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home